We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

Hi -

We're an active family going to San Juan del Sur from Dec 16-Dec 26. We're looking to get tours set up for fishing, seeing the turtles (possibly a night tour?), yoga (either private lessons at our vacation rental or as part of a class), and scuba diving and/or snorkeling. Any ideas on who to contact ahead of time for these or are we fine to wait until we get there? I've heard this is a busy time of year and we don't want to wait to book if we need to get it arranged now. Thanks to any and all help!

Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

You should have a great time in San Juan for your holiday filled with tours, nice views etc. There is a place right on the beach called The Pier and they also have a tour operation called Tuani Tours - surfing, snorkeling, diving, sailing, fishing, horseback riding etc. They have a solid reputation for getting everything organized and are reliable. The contact info is...

piersanjuan@gmail.com or Facebook: Pier San Juan

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

I've used these guys and recommended then to friends:

http://www.nicaraguafishtrips.com

Granada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

Plenty of places in San Juan del Sur offer tours to see the turtles - so just ask around. Try getting someone with 4 x 4 drive as the dirt road is a bit rough. Buena Vista Surf Club on Playa Maderas offers yoga and I suspect Piedras & Olas may do as well. Another place for fishing is Surf & Sport (www.sanjuandelsursurf.com).

I hope this is useful. Enjoy your Xmas in Nicaragua.

San Juan del Sur
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

Hi,

We are a tour operator available offers you all that you want to do in San Juan del sur, let us to organize your vacation, and do unforgettable your visit in our beautiful country you can contact us directly info@iskratravel.com.

All the best for you,

NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

San Juan kicks awesome!! This place has the most amazing beaches seen to date on this trip. So clean, the beaches are long and untouched, amazing beach breaks, and sooooo tranquilo. We signed up right away for a surf lesson and we ended up with a pro-surfer who teaches privately in the off-season. He was great and 3 hours just one-on-two helped us a ton. We were so hooked on the feeling that we went to the main beach, Maderas, the next day to quickly have ourselves handed to us. The tour operator who helped us organize all of our tours was Macua tours Nicaragua, they were very helpful to us and soon became trusted friends. If you are going to Nicaragua and need to plan very well organized tours I think they are the best, my 14 and 18 years old sons enjoyed it a lot. Don’t miss a visit to Granada and the masaya´s craft market.

6. Re: Fishing/Yoga/Diving/Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, June 05, 2010