We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

I recently made reservations for myself and some friends at the Hotel Casablanca, then saw some reviews just posted that were less than favorable (actually, they were downright bad!).

We're mellow folks, happy just with a clean and convenient room, so the TV issue doesn't matter to us. I am concerned about the comment of loud music every night until 3am, and the safety issue. Some music is certainly fine, and we're always careful--I just don't want to stay in the worst hotel in town if the reviews are really true!

If anyone has stayed there recently, I'd love to hear about your experience. Everyone has different needs and opinions. Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

We were in San Juan Del Sur for Christmas week. It is quite the party town at the time. We didn't stay downtown for that reason. We stayed at Las Cascadas B&B and had a wonderful stay. It's a few minutes from the beach (a quick five minute taxi ride) which is just far enough to have quiet nights. Once you step on the grounds of the property, it's like an oasis away from the dust and noise of San Juan.

Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like San Juan del Sur is a happening place! Thanks for taking the time to reply and report on your experiences.

3. Re: Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:51 pm, February 21, 2008
Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

Thanks so much for your comments. This is our fourth trip to CA and we love it. My main concerns were noise all night and safety, but we'll be up late, too, and of course we always try to be smart about safety when we travel.

Thank you again for your post. We are looking forward to something a little different!

5. Re: Hotel Casablanca-Read Recent Reviews and am Freaking Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 17, 2009