We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

We need recommendations for an english speaking driver to show us the natural, cultural and historical highlights of the area when our cruise ships docks for the day in February. Also, any recommendations regarding lunch that reflects the flavors and tastes of the region would be appreaciated.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

I am also looking for the same thing but for Jan 2, 2008 so please copy me on any answers. Thank you

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

Greetings nicolasandzoanna,

Apparently, it's more challenging to get driver/guide recommendations for San Jan Del Sur than other ports of call.

We may have to resort to the cruise ship sponsored tours which have their obvious limitations. We will keep you posted if we find anything. Appreciate you doing the same.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

I heard El Timon was great

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

Nicalover,

Thank you for your recommedation...we give it a try.

San Juan del Sur
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

My wife has made arrangements with some other visitors from a cruise ship visiting in December to show them around the area. While this isn't a business for us, it is something that she enjoys doing for visitors to this lovely country. If you (or anyone else) are interested, please contact me via my profile.

Holland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

A very good reliable driver service in San Juan (and around) is organize through Ricardo Morales. He speaks English and uses reliable 4x4 vehicles.

He can be reached at richardsjds@hotmail.com or

(505)8828368

To get a good local taste ' El Timon' is indeed probably the best one (right on the boulevard).

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

hey guys,

A very safe and reliable company that has english speaking guides is Adelante Express. They have a website and the owner is american. I have used them many times back and fourth to SJDS. They are a preferred company by local tour companies and will treat you right. Fel free to ask me anything about the area. I currently live in SJDS relocated from the states and love it there.

Are you just wanting to do a highlights tour or something more adventurous? Let me know and check out that company. Ask fr John and let him know Alyce sent you.

San Juan del Sur
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

I agree with travelswithdog. I recommend Adelante Express for friends, family and business. John does an excellant job. Armando and the other drivers are top notch. They will work with you on your itinerary. We've used them to set up tours to places like Selva Negra.

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

Hey guys just out of curiosity what cruise line are some of you using. My parents are always taking cruises might be a good way to get them down here. Thanks

10. Re: Need San Juan Del Sur Driver Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 17, 2009