We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt.Union area

Which Huntingdon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Mt.Union area

I'm looking for a decent hotel in or near Mt Union for next June. I saw a few in Huntingdon... is that the nearest town? Thanks

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt.Union area

I get into this area a good deal on business, and had a first time visit to the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon. There is a railroad fairly close to the inn, but I can't say it kept me awake. Hotel is fairly new, ample rooms, and a nice continental breakfast. Also has an indoor pool, as I recall. Front desk was helpful. If you are sightseeing, I could also recommend a b & b near Belleville, which I think you would enjoy--indeed, it is a bit further from Mt. Union, however.

While the Comfort Inn is not 5 star, it certainly met my needs, and I will use it again. You may wish to book by phone and ask to be placed on the side of the hotel away from the train track.

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt.Union area

Thanks for the info. I have heard good things about this Comfort Inn. Thanks for the heads up about the train. Would you say that Huntingdon is the nearest place to stay while spending our days in Mt Union? And yes, it would be just for sleeping and showering... we will be at an event from morning til midnight each day.

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt.Union area

The hotel is about 15 miles from Mt. Union. I recall passing some independent hotels as I headed northwest on 22 from Mt. Union, but none of them looked to have the amenities of the Comfort Inn. I failed to state that there is also a Scheetz station almost within walking distance of the hotel. This means drinks, sandwiches, and salads are available closeby around the clock (not to mention good prices on gas)!

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt.Union area

thanks.. It seems like it would be worth the 15 mile drive for clean rooms. and the Scheetz nearby will be a life saver!

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt.Union area

I think that you'll be more than pleased with this hotel! By the way, what part of Southeast PA are you from? I'm writing from Telford,

Montgomery County.

6. Re: Mt.Union area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Huntingdon