We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

Hello, I was just wondering when would be a great time to visit the park as it would be my family first time with kids 2 and 11. We are getting a bit tired of Disney with the extremely high crowds so we would just like to give another amusement park a try. One other question would be what airport would we be arriving in? any response would be greatly appreciated.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

Hi Library,

Sixflags sounds like a good place too. I'll give it a try but only during off peak and fairly warm weather. I'm not a big fan of the cold growing up here in the South.

Do you know when off peak time is??????

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

They added a nice waterpark 2 years ago which is open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. If you didn't care about the waterpark I believe they are open weekends in May and that would probably be off peak. The busiest time is probably mid June (around the 18th) thru the first week in August (around the 8th) because they hand out free tickets to the schoolkids around here for reading but they can only be used during that time frame. I know several families that always go on the 4th of July and they swear it is dead that day. Regardless, the park always seems more crowded to me now than it did when I was a teenager but most of the lines aren't too long with the exception of whatever the newest roller coaster is that year. They also used to offer a "twicket" (and still did last I was there, 2 years ago) where when you're leaving you can purchase a ticket for the next day really cheap-maybe $10?, maybe even less.

As far as the weather, it's a crapshoot anytime April thru October! Could be 65. could be 95! The park is also open in October (weekends only) for Frightfest which is supposed to be awesome-they dye all the water red and spook the place out.

Seriously, if you're into amusement parks, especially thrill rides, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Lots of good coasters, a couple kiddie areas for your younger child and plenty of family rides. Gurnee is a decent area with a huge outlet mall and plenty of other shopping, restaurants and hotels. You could fly into either OHare or Milwaukee but would probably need to rent a car.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

I would definitely avoid summer if at possible since it gets pretty crazy. I would go in May or September. I would also like to recommend the Hershey Lodge. They have standard two bed rooms for average 249/night. My mom just booked two rooms for the end of april and got 179 I think! Just depends on when you go and what is online. I know that may still sound pricey but there are advanatages to staying at a hershey resort property. Discounted park tickets, get in an hour before everyone else, free shuttle to avoid the headache of parking and the cost. Hershey lodge is huge and very kid friendly. All the ammenities. Also, if you stay at hershey property, you get free tickets to hershey gardens located near the hotel hershey and the hershey museum(assuming they still offer this-they did last summer) Hershey is a beautiful town. Don't forget to do chocolate world and there is a zoo as well.

www.hersheypa.com is the website.

Hope this helps!

14. Re: When is the best time to visit Hershey Park????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 22, 2009