We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Does anyone know how crowded Hershey Park gets on Thanksgiving night or over the holiday weekend? Thank you!

Elizabethville...
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Hershey Park's Christmas Candy Lane (they add ooddles of lights and holiday decorations) opens at 5 pm on Thanksgiving day and then at noon on that Friday and Saturday. As far as Thanksgiving night goes, you most likely find the crowd rather light with more people showing up over the weekend. You should be aware that in the past many of the park rides have not operated at this time of year, and the Candylane park is usually organized more for strolling through the holiday decorations and lights than it is for thrill rides. This said, the merry-go-round and similar type rides will most likely be in operation. Definitely take the train ride and visit the reindeer if you take a trip to Candylane.

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Thanks for the info!!

Kennett Square, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

We were there on the Sat. and Sun.of Thanksgiving weekend and there was just a nice crowd day and night. It was a nice warm day too so I was surprised it wasn't jammed. Chocolate World was crowded but nothing like the summer. There is also a lovely Christmas Light display that you can drive thru or shuttle from Hershey hotel can take you--from about 7:00--10:00 weekend only I believe. It was really nice. I'm not sure if it costs as we were hotel guests and it was free for us. Just a few minutes from hotel but not in the park. Nice little holiday shows in the park and all the "kiddie "rides are up and running and shops are open--hot chocolate at night--yummy! The Hotel Hershey had a fantastic breakfast with Santa on Sun. morning--very upscale so adults will enjoy it too, entertainment, gorgeous lobby setting, and nice gifts for the kids--rather expensive though but worth it. Gorgeous decorations really got us in the Holiday spirit. Enjoy!

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Thanks for replying. I hope my boys will enjoy it. They are a little too big for the kiddie rides. I thought it would be nice to get us in the holiday spirit. Is that yummy hot chocolate free or do you have to pay for it? This year they are charging to get in. Hope it is worth it. Thanks again!

NE PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Hi,

Just to let you know I am sure your kids will enjoy the park. Even though all the rides aren't open it is just beautiful with all the Christmas lights and music. You do have to pay for the hot chocolate and I am glad to see the admission price this year because even though it is my husband and I we spent well over that in previous years just riding the train and things. Don't forget the zoo it is well worth your time.

We are going for the first time at Thanksgiving as well and previous years we were there in December and it was usually very busy so I am hoping it will be slower.

Anyone have any ideas for a place for Thanksgiving diner? We will be staying at the new Quality Inn since I have points on my card and it will be a free 4 day stay at the hotel hence no Hershy Lodge this trip. Couldn't pass up the oppertunity to stay free LOL!

Kathe

NE PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Hi,

Just to let you know I am sure your kids will enjoy the park. Even though all the rides aren't open it is just beautiful with all the Christmas lights and music. You do have to pay for the hot chocolate and I am glad to see the admission price this year because even though it is my husband and I we spent well over that in previous years just riding the train and things. Don't forget the zoo it is well worth your time.

We are going for the first time at Thanksgiving as well and previous years we were there in December and it was usually very busy so I am hoping it will be slower.

Anyone have any ideas for a place for Thanksgiving diner? We will be staying at the new Quality Inn since I have points on my card and it will be a free 4 day stay at the hotel hence no Hershy Lodge this trip. Couldn't pass up the oppertunity to stay free LOL!

Kathe

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

Kathe, thanks for your reply. Do you know how much the zoo costs? Thanks again!!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

hersheypa.com/attractions/…index.php

I'm interested in hearing what the new Quality Inn and Suites is like. It is a brand new hotel that just opened in August 2006. The hotel is located off of North Route 39 and is adjacent to the Springhill Suites.

NE PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

The zoo is included in the price of the park admission so basically it is free if you go to the park. Also I got thinking if you have the time there is a new 3-D show in the building that houses the chocolate ride before you go into the park that your kids might like. I haven't done it since I haven't had the time but it always seems busy. It cost extra to do above the park admission.

Also, I see on the hershey web site there is a place to drive through lights that they charge $20.00 a car for but I have no idea where it is since we haven't ever seen it. I do plan on checking it out though.

After our stay at the Quality Inn I will post again on how the hotel is. It is right by the Antique Car Museum which is a don't miss if you like those type of things. We went just after it opened and thought it was the best one we have visited before and plan on doing it again espically since we are right next door to it.

Kathe

Virginia Beach, VA
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How crowded is Hershey over Thanksgiving?

we will also be there over Thanksgiving. Have you had any

feedback on a good place to have Thanksgiving dinner?

lb