We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
1,248 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

Hi,

Does anyone know what Hershey Park's food/drink policy is for babies? I looked on their website. It says no outside food/drink, except one water bottle per guest. Under the miniatures section it says the park sells milk, juice & baby food. They also state they have a nursing station at 1st Aid for breastfeeding Moms. But what is their policy in regards to bringing in your own baby food, bottles of expressed breast milk and snacks (like Cheerios or Gerber Puffs)?

I would hate to have to run out to the car every time one of the babies wants a bottle. Our babies drink nothing but breast milk...no cows milk & no juice. We might as well stay home IF we have to spend ALL day running in & out of the park.

I emailed Hershey Park too, but thought someone on here might know from experience.

Thanks!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
1,248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

WOW. I did not expect such a quick response from Hershey. In less that 10 minutes they already responded to my question!!

Just thought I would post their response in case anyone else needs to know in the future:

"We do permit guests to bring in small snacks and milk for your infants. Please stop by Guest Services on the day of your visit to receive permission to bring these items into the Park."

Hope this helps others too!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
128 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

We brought baby bottles, etc. last week and didn't have to stop at guest services. My wife had so much stuff packed in her diaper bags that I don't think the staff looked into them too much on the way in.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

Glad to hear they got back to you so quickly and thanks for sharing this valuable information.

I always had the diaper bag loaded with snacks and baby food back when I needed those things. No one batted an eye. What they don't allow is coolers packed with lunch for an entire family. They ask people to leave that sort of thing in their cars if they want to exit the park for a packed meal. There are no picnic areas inside the park.

And, I have no idea what your reasons are for pumping, but just so you know I BF'd both my kids for 14 months and never felt out of place just sitting on a shady bench nursing with a light cover over me if they were in a squirmy phase. I never recall anyone giving me a second look. So, it is a nursing friendly environment if that is your preference.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
1,248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

Hi,

Thanks for all your help & advice. We went this past weekend & had no trouble taking in our bottles of milk or baby food/snacks for the babies. Also, we were able to use the breastfeeding/pumping station at first aid without any issues.

thefourskis....congrats on 14 months of BF with both your kids!

Again, thanks for all your help.

Washington...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

There is a security person right before the front gate who will look for your bag, but they shouldn't say anything about bringing snacks into the park. There shouldn't be a need to stop by guest services.

6. Re: Hershey Park food/drink policy for babies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 29, 2014