We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey with extended family

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hershey with extended family

Hello, need some help. Excited to go to Hershey in July. I need some advice on where to stay with three kids and some inlaws. I've not had luck finding a timeshare with 3BR - prefer traditional hotels. Here's what I think we need:

1BR for Wife and I. Crib for 2yo.

1BR for 8yo and 4yo.

1BR for Mother and Father In-Law

SofaBed for the Sis In Law ;) (or she can stay with the 8 and 4yo if there are two Queens.)

Open to adjoining rooms if 2BR or 3BR not available or cost effective.

Any kid friendly insider advice appreciated too.

Thanks!!!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey with extended family

Direct drive up Rt 322 10 miles away is the Residence Inn. You can check to see what they have available: marriott.com/hotels/…

HersheyPark discount tickets at the local grocery chain, Giant Foods http://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/discounts/

Edited: 8:14 pm, April 08, 2013
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey with extended family

I know you said that you prefer traditional hotels (we used to also); however, this past summer we used www.homeaway.com and rented a small house for a week. We had a great experience and will use the site for our future vacations. They do have properties in the Hershey area.

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r10909

If you want to stay with a traditional hotel, there are quite a few suites type hotels in the area near Hersheypark. Spring Hill Suites Hershey, 115 Museum Drive, Hershey and Country Inn and Suites, 195 Hershey Road, Hummelstown are two suggestions. Homewood Suites at 3990 TecPort Drive in Harrisburg is also within a reasonable distance.

One bit of kid friendly advice for visiting the park that I would offer is based on when my kids were around the age of your kids and they would start getting tired in the mid-afternoon, we would take a leisurely walk around ZooAmerica so they could unwind for a bit. Admission to the zoo is included with your park admission, just be sure to get your hand stamped when you walk over the pedestrian bridge to enter the zoo.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey with extended family

I am not sure if this would interest you but there are several rental homes in nearby Mount Gretna (about 13.5 miles away) available through vrbo.com. Do note that some require a minimum stay of 2 or 3 nights in the summertime.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey with extended family

Thanks all for the feedback!

5. Re: Hershey with extended family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014