We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP?? QUESTION: Hershey park for very young children

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long island, NY
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HELP?? QUESTION: Hershey park for very young children

My wife and I want to take a small, local family vacation. we had our first child a year ago and figured hershey might be a good place for us to get away. My son will be 14 months when we go. he isnt walking on his own yet, but we hope he will be by the time we go ( in 3 months) we will be staying at the hershey lodge. my question is will there be things for him to do there, or is he too young? as well do you think 2 nights/ 3 days will be enough, or should we do 3 nights/ 4 days? we want to really take our time, do a little in the morning, go back to the hotel and go back to the parks at night. as well we want to do the zoo, the outlets, and maybe even the amish country thing. any suggestions would be appreciated. its our first time away in 2 years!!!!!

Hershey, PA
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: HELP?? QUESTION: Hershey park for very young children

There is free parking at Chocolate World, for up to 2 hours.

After that you pay. It's a lovely, kid friendly place to visit.

There is the free simulated chocolate factory tour (ride),

a free factory "experience" for kids, a Disneylike 3D movie with special effects (nice), a food court, and Kit-Kat cafe, and shopping area.

There are often Hershey characters there to greet the kids and pose for photos. The grounds are lovely. Don't miss it.

Perryville, MD
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: HELP?? QUESTION: Hershey park for very young children

Definitely go! We go every year. When my daughter was 18 months we took her and she had a ball. Lots of kiddie rides, you will just need to ride with her (check out the website for a description of each ride). There are also shows little ones love and they enjoy seeing the characters that walk around. In chocolate world, the 3D movie will entertain him. Also there is a zoo. Nearby there is abutterfly gardens and outlets. As far as Lancaster that is good too. Dutch Wonderland can be done in a few hours with shows and tons of kiddie rides. TStrasburg railroad is neat too and Thomas the Train engine has special dates there. Two huge outlet malls within one mile. Go, you will have fun.

13. Re: HELP?? QUESTION: Hershey park for very young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 16, 2009