We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late July at Hershey Park

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elkton, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Late July at Hershey Park

We are trying to plan a trip to Hershey park. It will be a 3.5 hour drive from where we are in Virginia. We want to get as much of the park in as we can in 1 day. Would a certain day of the week be better than the others? Obviously Saturday is out but how are Fridays or Mondays? Thanks...

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late July at Hershey Park

Crowds do start to get heavy in mid to late July through the end of the season. It's impossible to totally predict; however, given the choice of Monday or Friday, I would probably go with Monday and definitely avoid the weekends. If you are arriving the night before, don't forget to take advantage of the preview plan which allows you to enter the park at 7:30 pm at no additional charge with your purchased all day ticket.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late July at Hershey Park

While Fridays and Mondays are a little better than Saturdays, Tue./Wed./Thur. with have the most noticeable difference in crowds. You should know that late July is the busiest time of year at Hersheypark, regardless of day of week.

If there was any way you could come up the evening before and enjoy the free preview, it would make a huge difference in your day. It also depends on what rides in the park are most important to you. Trying to see both the waterpark and ride the popular coasters is getting increasingly difficult on crowded days. The park is really becoming more of a 2 day destination in order to see it all.

If you can absolutely only do one day, come mid-week if possible. Leave home very early, so you can arrive at the park around 9:30. It opens at 10, but there is always a line to get through security and the gate. If you plan to visit the water park, head straight to it right away - no stops. Hit water rides until noon. At that point, the lines for water rides will be getting longer, and the lines for other rides may be getting a little shorter. If you don't want to have to wear a bathing suit (required on all Boardwalk attractions) I still recommend walking to the back of the park (Lightening Racer) and working your way out from there. My kids and I did this a week ago, and rode Lightening Racer twice, Music Express, Wild Mouse and Wild Cat in the first hour. And even though it was a Wed., it was the week leading up to the 4th of July weekend and more crowded by lunch than I expected.

3. Re: Late July at Hershey Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 05, 2012