We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel location and suggestions

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
hotel location and suggestions

we are a family of four (17 and 12 year old) we are thinking of stopping in hershey midway between our return trip from virginia beach to toronto. can anyone suggest a decent hotel and location to stay for the one night? we basically need a clean affordable(under 200) hotel/motel close to most attractions but still located close to highway for our early morning departure

thanks

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel location and suggestions

Spring Hill Suites, 115 Museum Drive, Hershey gets good reviews on this site. It is located close to the Hershey attractions and about 5 - 8 minutes from Interstate 81. Depending on the month of your visit, you should be able to get something around or under $200.

The Hershey Lodge is also another option. Depending upon the time of year you are visiting and what your plans are while you are in the area, they offer some package deals that might work for you.

There are obviously, a lot of lodging options in the area. I am sure others will suggest some additional places for you to check.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel location and suggestions

There is a brand new Country Inn & Suites in the area that would be a good choice. It just opened last fall and is located off of Route 39 (near the Springhill Suites mentioned in the previous post). It has an indoor pool and offers a complimentary breakfast with hot and cold items. See countryinns.com/hummelstown-hotel-pa-17036/p… for more information.

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel location and suggestions

If you stay for 2 nights, you would have vacation rentals available to you. There is so much to do in the area, and even if you are just going to go to the park, (which is wonderful,) I would suggest two days if you can find the time. Some places don't even require a two night minimum. Here's a link to VRBO if you want to check out the properties nearby: vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…a8463 We stayed at this one: http://www.vrbo.com/68482

It was fine, but our next rental will be closer to the park. We waited too long and the other places were booked.

We have two kids, and I avoid using a hotel room if I have a vacation rental option. Being a light sleeper, I prefer not to sleep in the same room as my kids.

4. Re: hotel location and suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 22, 2012