We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
379 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

Has anyone used the "Barking Lot" kennel at Hershey Park? Good or bad experiences?

We're travelling in June from Connecticut and don't want to leave our dog in a kennel at home for an extended period. We're all set with a hotel, but need to find the 11-year old pup someplece to stay for theday while in the park for a family reunion.

Thanks in advance.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

From the general information page of the Hershey Park web site:

http://www.hersheypark.com/general/index.php

PETS

There's no need for a "hot hound" thanks to our animal kennel, The Barking Lot. The kennel, located just outside the Park under the west end of Hersheypark Stadium, is available for a nominal daily fee. Barking Lot is open from Park opening to Park closing during the regular summer season and also seasonal events. Space is limited and all dogs must be current on all vaccinations for Rabies, Distemper, and Bordatella (canine cough) and they must be flea/tick free. Reservations are not accepted. Please do not leave your pet in your car. Pets are not permitted in the Park. For more information please call 1-800-HERSHEY (437-7439). Service animals are allowed inside Hersheypark. Not available for overnight accommodations.

Edited: 11:19 am, April 25, 2010
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

Sorry, I'm not with it this morning - I thought your post was asking for kennel information. Disregard my post. I tried to remove it but wasn't able. I hope someone is able to give you some personal experiences with the Hershey Park kennel.

Pottsville, PA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

There is a chance on May 30th my husband and I will use the Barking Lot for our two Great Danes. (if our in laws can't watch them for the day)

You however, from what I read, you are responsible for feeding and walking your pet. We plan on taking an hour lunch in the middle of the day to visit our kids, take them for a walk and feed them.

If this is the plan I will post how the kennel was for you. :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
379 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

Thank you very much. If you go that route, you're feedback is really appreciated, since we'll be there shortly after you. No problem with feeding and walking the big guy... my sweetie is not a coaster fan, so she will be grateful for the chance to duck out a few times during the day.

5. Re: Pets/kennel at Hershey Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 19, 2010