We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Park last week in August

New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey Park last week in August

Just booked Hershey Lodge for 2 nights the last week in August. This will be our first trip to Hershey.

Can anyone advise if the last week in August (on a Tuesday & Wednesday) are typically as crowded as the rest of summer? I think some schools may possibly be back in session by then? I've read some reviews of VERY LONG lines for rides and the boardwalk water area being overly crowded. Not my idea of fun with small children, especially when spending $ 300.00 + per night for hotel + additional park admission. Is Hershey really worth it at this time of year? Would I be better off going the weekend after Labor Day? Thanks.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
434 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Park last week in August

I live here in Hershey and I think you will be absolutely fine the last week of August!

Most (but not all) of the local schools go back that week. You also have the benefit of seeing the shows that Hersheypark presents. Most of them only run until September 1st, so you would miss them if you visited after Labor Day. (They are a lot of fun, especially for the kids, so don't forget them!)

The other thing to remember is that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are some of the least busy days even during the worst crowd days.

I think you've chosen a great time to visit!

Hope you enjoy your trip and if you have any other questions, just ask!

New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Park last week in August

Thanks for the info hersheyfolks! I appreciate your insight. : )

3. Re: Hershey Park last week in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 07, 2009