We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

Ok..Why Hershey Hotel gets all the bad reviews, I have no idea...The Hotel is so lovely, and clean....The service was amazing, and the circular dining room was great..I didnt think it was overrated at all..Yes, the food was pricey, but very fine dining...Rmember, you are paying for the atmosphere at this hotel...and it was well worth it..The fountain cafe food was also great, and great decor...My only complaint was the bed weas very mushy, so I thought it was uncomforable, and the room was very small...I thought the speakers in the bathroom was a very nuce touch though...Also, the park was fun, many roller coasters, and Choc World was the best for me...Nice shops, Loved the 3D show, it was just as good as Disney 3D shows, and the choc tour, which was free, was very cute...The trolley was definitelty worth it...In my opinion it is a must.....It was about an hour long, and so informative about the full history of Hershey....Loved it!!!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

Yes, I don't understand all the negative reviews of the Hershey Hotel either. We were there about a year ago for a special occasion and thought the hotel was wonderful. Of course, we went mid-week during the school year, so it was kinda quiet--no kids and not many adults either. It's too bad that your bed was "mushy". I have to say that my bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! One thing I would recommend for future visitors is to stay in the new wing of the hotel as opposed to the historic section. I've read that the walls in the historic section are paper-thin and the rooms themselves are small. While our room in the new section wasn't huge, it was sufficiently large enough for 2 people and we didn't hear a thing outside of our room. (When I booked the room, I mentioned that I was very susceptible to outside noise and requested a room in a quiet spot. The staff certainly came through for us.)

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

we must have been in the old wing..Because we did hear our neighbor checking voice mail from his phone in the middle of the night....LOL..We actually heard his messages...But otherwise it was quiet and not crowded within the Hotel...I guess people complain because of the expense, But key word why is the word "Hershey"...Thats just the way it goes...If I had chldren, I would just stay somewhere else...But found this hotel is great for couples...Loved the Iberian Lounge, and the Chocoalte martinis were amazing!!!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

glad you liked it..I posted to your original thread about Hershey hotel yes or no...

I think Hershey hotel and the lodge get bad reviews because some people expect more for their money and not because the accomodations are substandard. We really love the lodge and only stay there for our trips with our kids. Someday, when they are off to college, I am sure we will stay at the hotel.

We like the added atmosphere of staying at an affiliated hotel and would certainly miss something at a local chain. Is it Disney? No ofcourse not! It is central PA and the added $ mean added pleasure for our family!

Glad you liked it.

Yakima, WA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

I totally agree with staying at an affiliate hotel. We're planning to visit Hershey Park June 19 through June 24 and definitely plan to stay at the Hershey Lodge. Although on every vacation we've been on we don't spend a lot of time in our room, we've always felt safer staying on site. I have no idea why. Sure, we could save a boat load of money staying off site at a cheaper hotel, but safety is a big part of our comfort level. We also plan to visit Busch Gardens Europe June 14 through June 19 and more than likely will stay at the Kingsmill Resort & Spa Hotel, only because it's their only affiliate hotel. Again, probably more than we want to spend but we've always stayed on site at other vacation spots and it's what we're most comfortable with.

5. Re: Back from Hershey Hotel and Park!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 15, 2009