We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have a dilemma . . .

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I have a dilemma . . .

My husband and I are going to Hershey and I hate thrill rides. Because of this, we are hesitant about soending the money and it being a waste. My husband has not been to Hershey since he was little. Is there enough to do at the park to make it worthwhile for someone like me that hates thrill rides?

Also, Are the gardens, zoo-american and museum all on the same prpoerty (within walking distence to go to) or do you actually have to travel from one to the next.

Final question- is the automobile museum of america extremely close to hershey park? Could this be tacked on to the day or does the above just about cover a day?

Thanks!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I have a dilemma . . .

also- do you think Friday is a poor choice of a day to go?

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have a dilemma . . .

As far as the thrill rides go I think the best way to decide is to go to the park website. They describe every ride in the park on there and even give it a "thrill rating". Since one persons boring is another persons scary I think this would give you the best idea of whether there are enough rides in the park to make it worth your while to go.

hersheypa.com/attractions/…index.php

connecticut
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have a dilemma . . .

The Hershey Gardens is on the hill where the hotel hershey is, less than a mile from the park. The Zoo is attached to the park.

I have to be honest, the main attraction is the thrill rides. There's other stuff to do though, variety shows, and there's Chocolate World. Chocolate world is free and you can park there free for about 1 hour.

4. Re: I have a dilemma . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:38 am, September 06, 2009