We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodloch in April

Near Washington, DC
Level Contributor
52 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Woodloch in April

Planning on trying out Woodloch Pines for the first time in April (spring break). Have boys age 12, 9, 6 at that time. Wondering if this is a decent time of year (ie, lake activiites not all functional) to go?

For a first time family, would 4 nights be too much or appropriate.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
728 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodloch in April

My husband and I visited the Woodloch Pines Resort in August. I would check with the resort as to what might be available over spring break. Hawley Pa is well up into the Pocono Mts. The lake will not be warm enough for any activities then. They do have an indoor pool. The resort if known for all kinds of activities and competitions and big meals. Call them and ask a lot of questions, especially what will be available outdoors. They have a go cart track and an indoor paint ball range both with age restrictions. I have to warn you that is will still be pretty cold.

Mentioned in this post
Woodloch Pines Resort
Woodloch Pines Resort
1,476 Reviews
Hawley, PA
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
22 posts
878 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodloch in April

With the winter we've been having I am worried that early April will be cool and damp. We have a vacation home up there and love it, but when the weather is ugly its not that nice. If your kids sit in the house all day and play video games, they will be fine. But if your planning on being outside, it's risky. The foilage will be bare, the water will be cold, and many facilites might not be set up yet. Woodloch is about 20 min away from downtown Hawley and lake Wallenpaupack and a half hour from Milford and not much of anything in between. 4 nights may get boring after a while, but everyone is different.

Mentioned in this post
Milford
Milford
Pocono Mountains Region, PA
Near Washington, DC
Level Contributor
52 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodloch in April

So we didnt actually go this past April for various reasons, but thinking again for this upcoming April.

For first timers, including weather considerations, would 2 or 3 nights be better? We have a 4.5 hr drive to get there....

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
22 posts
878 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodloch in April

2 nights will give you only one full day there. A 4 hour drive up, then sleep there that night, the next day, you may be thinking "oh we have to leave tomorrow" . the last day, you wake up an have to drive home. Whenever my wife and I travel anywhere we try to avoid that, it too much runing around. If you have the time, go for the extra night.

Reply to: Woodloch in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted