We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for a concert

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Timing for a concert

I am staying in Mechanicsburg and going to the Whitaker Forum for a concert. The concert starts at 8, but I am not sure how to time things. I am trying to figure out where to eat before the concert and leave time to find a parking spot (not used to parking garages at all). Can someone who have been to Whitaker before let me know about how long it takes to park and get to your seats? I did not see if they recommend that you get there 1/2 hour early or not. And, perhaps someone could tell me about how much the parking is and if they take credit cards. Finally, any suggestion for a quick bite in that general area? I am travelling by myself so it does not have to be anything fancy-just food. ;) The big thing is that if it has street parking, I probably will not muster the courage up to go there, but a parking lot is cool.

Mentioned in this post
Mechanicsburg
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
Whitaker
Whitaker
Pennsylvania
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing for a concert

Parking on the streets could be limited and depending on where you park, I would be vigilant in walking to Whitaker Center. The Walnut Street Garage is connected to the Whitaker Center and is the garage I always use when going to an event. The website below will give you the information you need. Once parked, it doesn't take too long to get out of the garage and into Whitaker Center (exit the parking garage elevator on the Strawberry Arcade). I would think a half hour is good - I like to arrive early so I would allow at least that amount of time.

There are a lot of restaurants downtown near the Whitaker Center on restaurant row; however, I don't go downtown to eat so unfortunately can't recommend one. The second link gives you a list of the restaurants. If you find one that sounds of interest, check the TA reviews.

http://www.harrisburgparking.org/

visithersheyharrisburg.org/where-to-eat-hers…

Mentioned in this post
Whitaker Center
Whitaker Center
216 Reviews
Harrisburg, PA
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing for a concert

Thanks for your reply. Just a note to anyone else wondering the same thing-the Forum is about 3 blocks from the Whitaker Center, so plan accordingly.

Mentioned in this post
Whitaker Center
Whitaker Center
216 Reviews
Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing for a concert

Good point about the Forum. The Forum is not the same place as Whitaker Center -- so make sure you know which you are going to. If you're going to the Forum, I would park in the Chestnut Street garage -- they usually have an event parking rate for the evening and it's a short one block walk up to the corner where the Forum is located.

Mentioned in this post
Whitaker Center
Whitaker Center
216 Reviews
Harrisburg, PA
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing for a concert

Forum Place Parking Garage also usually offers special event parking rates. It is located across from the Forum at the corner of Walnut & Fifth Streets - enter from Fifth Street.

5. Re: Timing for a concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 06, 2014