We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

My wife and I will be spending a few days in Harrisburg and visiting the area attractions. We've narrowed our hotel search to either the Country Inn and Suites on Union Deposit Rd. or the Hilton Garden Inn on Tecport.

Any thoughts on either hotel? Or location? We'd like to be able to walk to a few restaurants or a casual bar (IE not a night club) and feel safe doing so. Also I'm not sure what to expect of the highway noise at either one.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

The Hilton Garden would be the best location-wise. It is a nice place to stay with several restaurants within walking distance (Fiesta Mexico, Ruby Tuesday) as well as an onsite restaurant. The Harrisburg Mall is just a short drive down the street and has a Bass Pro Shops which is really neat. It is set back from the highway so noise isn't an issue. I think that the hotel has both an indoor and an outdoor pool. Hope this helps.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

Both areas are safe and either location is convenient to major roadways. I agree with the previous poster that you will be able to walk to more restaurants from the Hilton Garden Inn. There are several restaurants near the Country Inn and Suites on Union Deposit Road. Walking to them would be difficult; however, driving would be no big deal. If you do stay at the Country Inn, I would recommend the nearby Texas Roadhouse for dinner.

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks to both of you. One other thing - the Country Inn includes continental breakfast while the Hilton does not. Does anyone know what breakfast would cost at the Hilton restaurant? Nothing extravagant, probably just eggs or pancakes, etc.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

I think it's $9.95/person for buffet-style breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn. The Country Inn & Suites has a free breakfast with a variety of hot and cold items. The only concern I have about the Country Inn & Suites is that it is close to the highway, so noise may be an issue. Maybe you could ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the highway if you decide to stay there.

5. Re: Country Inn at Union Deposit vs. Hilton Garden Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, October 28, 2012