We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner

Mount Joy, PA
1 post
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner

I'm planning my wedding and looking for a great restaurant for our rehearsal dinner in the Harrisburg area. I'm from the Elizabethtown area, and I don't go to Harrisburg often, so I don't have a ton of ideas. We're planning a lunch-time meal, a party of about 20, and would like to keep it to $15-20 a person. Any suggestions?

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Our son recently attended a rehearsal dinner at "The Firehouse Restaurant" in downtown Harrisburg. He raved over how well it went and the good food. We later visited as a family, and the food was superb! I would say that it is fairly informal, as there is a full bar on the first floor, but the third floor is frequently rented out for special occasions. It's fully accessible via elevator or stairs. I think they would be well within your price range. See www.thefirehouserestaurant.com. Included at the website are menu choices and pictures of the venue. Hope this helps!

Lemoyne, PA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Our dinner club went to Dorado in Camp Hill, the food and atmosphere was really good and they just built on a large room for parties.

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Our son is 25 years old and lives in the Harrisburg area, so . . . he is attending a lot of weddings of college friends these days. He was in a wedding over the weekend--rehearsal dinner was held in Mechanicsburg at JoJo's Pizza & La Campana Restaurant on West Main Street. He said an awesome Italian buffet was offered with complete use of the second floor for this rather large party of over 50 persons. The place got good reviews!!

scranton, pa
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

my friend is having her rehearsal dinner at ponderosa

harrisburg, pa
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Check out Garrison's Tavern on Forester St. in downtown Harrisburg -they have a second floor room that could work for 20 plus people. I think you could certainly get a decent luncheon for under $15 a plate.... you might also want to look at the restaurants on Second Street....I know Fire House was mentioned. Call a bunch of them and get a quote. There are tons of restaurants so you should be able to get a deal...especially at lunch.