We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants to recccomend ?

los angeles...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants to recccomend ?

Is Erie famous for any kind of food, maybe a Philly cheese steak around or anything else ? [ I know philly is accross the state ] Give me a clue.

Thanks.

B.K.

erie
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Erie is famous for locally made Smith Hot Dogs, Ox Roast,

which is shaved roast beef cooked in broth and also Polish and Italian sausages which are made in the few remaining small meat markets. There really isn't any restaurants that specialize in selling the above like in Philly for their cheese steaks...Small locally owned bar/restaurants will offer these items on their menus and there are alot of good locally owned restaurants scattered throughout the city so you can stay clear of the chains.

PA
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Erie is also famous for-

Pepperoni Bread-- Arnones Bakery and Deli also on West 18th. Pepperoni balls-- the best are the pepperoni balls at International Bakery on West 18th. They put them out each day around 11:00. They go fast so get there early. They also keep some in their freezer.

Greek Sauce-- delicious on hot dogs. The New York Lunch on Penninsula drive is good, as well as the Red Hots on Parade Street.

PA
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Erie is also famous for-

Pepperoni Bread-- Arnones Bakery and Deli also on West 18th. Pepperoni balls-- the best are the pepperoni balls at International Bakery on West 18th. They put them out each day around 11:00. They go fast so get there early. They also keep some in their freezer.

Greek Sauce-- delicious on hot dogs. The New York Lunch on Penninsula drive is good, as well as the Red Hots on Parade Street.

PA
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Erie is also famous for-

los angeles...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Thank you both for your replies.I will try the dogs.

B.K.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

I don't know if you're looking for local food - but if there isn't a Texas Roadhouse where you are from, you need to check it out in Erie. It's on Peach Street, right by the mall.

The prices are cheap. You can pick your steak from a selection displayed on your way in. All the peanuts you can eat. Great apps too, and great drink prices.

Quick service, line dancing servers, and they will really embarass you on your birthday! :)

erie
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Since you haven't mentioned the area you'll be staying during your visit to Erie, it's a little difficult to recommend the local restaurants because.as I mentioned in my other post , they are scattered thoughtout the city...not concentrated in one area as many of the chain places are off the interstate at the Peach St exit. Too many good locally owned eateries, do yourself a favor and and stay away from the chains .....

Erie, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Lawrence Park Dinor is the Best. Smith's Hotdogs, the BEST Greek sauce in town and an old fashioned Dinor that's been there since 1948 (on the National Historic Registry). They have home made soups. Only problem is they're only open from 7:00 AM till 3:00 PM, closed Mondays.

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
574 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

I'm staying at the Splash Lagoon area. Is the Texax Roadhouse close by?

erie
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants to recccomend ?

Not far, maybe a mile or so .. From Splash Lagoon, North of I-90 on Peach St. right side of road..