We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best P.I. beach

Which Erie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best P.I. beach

Going to be sepnding a few days in town and will certainly hit the Presque Isle beaches.

My question - In your opinions what are the better beaches for just sitting/laying around for a few hours and not too crowded with young children??

DW is fair skinned, so do any of the beaches have natural shade, or do we have to being our own?? .

Probably will not spend a whole lot of time in the water, just beaching.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best P.I. beach

Well, I don't spend much time on the beaches, but since no one else has answered, I will try to help. The beaches in the middle (around #6) are popular places for families and kids, I think. My guess would be to go to the beaches that are further out, near the tip of the peninsula and they may not be as crowded. There is a "tree line" all along the beaches, so there should be plenty of shade available, not right at the edge of the water, but close to the beaches still in the sand.

2. Re: Best P.I. beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2010