We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otters Game Sunday

Which Erie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
755 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Otters Game Sunday

Am making a trip to Detroit and was thinking about going a bit out of the way to head up to see an Otters game. Will tickets sell out since it's a playoff game, or will there be some available right before gametime?

Also, are there any hotels close (maybe even walking distance) to the arena? If we go to the game, I think we will just spend the night.

Only live in Pittsburgh and have wanted to go to a game for quite a while, and we were looking for something to do Sunday night before our trip and thought this may be a good idea.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otters Game Sunday

Sorry, not sure about ticket availability.

The Avalon is within walking distance, but the reviews on this site are not the greatest. The Sheraton on the bayfront is close, though expensive, but I would hesitate to walk to it late at night due to safety concerns. If you are headed out in the morning, I think your best bet would be to stay up on I-90 at Peach Street. It will only take you 15 minutes to get there and in the morning you can head out on I-90. There are some nice places up there, also nice places down the road at the Millcreek Mall, some really reasonable this time of year. I have heard good things about the Springhill Suites. Also, the Hilton Garden Inns are usually excellent, although I haven't read any reviews about Erie's.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
755 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otters Game Sunday

Thank you for your help. I was looking at the SpringHill and sounds like it's convenient.

3. Re: Otters Game Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 15, 2010