We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Pa

Which Doylestown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston
1 post
Save Topic
moving to Pa

I am thinking of moving to allentown or bethlehem pa. But I would need to commute to NYC. What is the best route if I didn't want to drive and how long it the commute? I hear a lot about taking the NJ path train... Is this near pa?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Pa

There is no train service from Allentown or Bethlehem. Trans Bridge runs busses to the Port Authority terminal in Manhattan

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
604 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to Pa

Bieber bus has three stops in the Lehigh Valley, the last one being in Hellertown, PA. From Hellertown it's an hour and a half to Port Authority. Cost is about $42 round trip but you can buy commuter packs for a considerable discount. As the above poster said, there is no rail service here. People do commute but it's not an easy one. Route 78 is known for heavy traffic and the weather can make a big difference.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,690 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moving to Pa

You may be better off somewhere in Bucks County that is closer to Trenton, NJ. Trenton is an easy commute to NYC by train, and is a very popular route.

4. Re: moving to Pa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 08, 2011