We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Color Condition for Luzerne/Sullivan Counties?

Erie
1 post
Save Topic
Fall Color Condition for Luzerne/Sullivan Counties?

Hi guys!

Just wondering what the current status of fall colors are in Luzerne and Sullivan county area. Are the trees mostly bare yet or are the leaves still hanging on over that way? Any particular spots looking good right now?

Steve P.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Color Condition for Luzerne/Sullivan Counties?

I'm not sure about Sullivan County, but Luzerne has just about hit it's peak, such as it is - still plenty of green and a little red & orange, but mostly that yellowish, half-dead look. Not many bare trees - the leaves are just dying slowly in place, and one good autumn storm will probably knock them all to the ground in a single day!

Please note, I'm talking about conditions in the valley cities - I was through the area of the county bordering the Poconos last weekend (Bear Creek, White Haven, etc.) and the leaves were magnificent - brilliant color everywhere. That was full peak, though, and I'm sure if I drove there today, many trees would be bare. Such a shame - we wait so long for this time of year and it's over before you know it!

How are conditions in your area of the state?

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Fall Color Condition for Luzerne/Sullivan Counties?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 12, 2009