We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yachtas

Which Yachats hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yachtas

Does anyone have view on whether the Yachtas Inn or Adobe is better for a family of three. we'd have one-bedroom suite in either case? We'd do the Overleaft but it doesn't seem to have a pool, which is a must for our 7-year old

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yachtas

I would pick the Adobe for two reasons. 1) It sits right on the bluff above the ocean where the Yachats Inn has a road between it and the ocean/bay. 2) The Adobe has a nice, on site restaurant. Other than that, they are fairly equal.

~Den~

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yachtas

We stayed at the Adobe last summer. We loved it. The restaurant is kid friendly, and we saw whales every time we ate there. It has an older 50s kind of ambience which I guess some people (judging from the Overleaf vs. Adobe debates you read) don't like, but I thought it was wonderful. It was especially nice to walk out right onto a trail along the bluff. One moonlit night we watched a family out on the lawn outside our room blow giant bubbles with one of those rope-hoop kind of bubble wands and a bucket of soapy water . It made me smile and wish we could have been there when my sons were younger. That's just not something I could picture doing at the Overleaf.

3. Re: Yachtas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 18, 2009