We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Has anyone stayed at the BW Inn & suite, and if so, do the suites have balconys? I've checked out their site, but it doesn't give a lot of details.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Have you read the TA reviews for it?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g52104-d1019…

I'm pretty sure I've been by this hotel a number of times and I'm thinking no balconies. You could probably email them and ask.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

I am also pretty sure they don't have balconies. Most of the Best Western properties I have been to do not. Not that that means much.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Thanks everyone for your input. I plan to book directly through BW, as I've had some not so pleasant experiences with Expedia. Another question: how is the drive to & from Portland ( to Troutdale )? I wanted to visit the Pearl District and perhaps to the walking food tour. THANKS :o)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

I haven't stayed there so can't comment on the hotel, but the drive is fine. I would definitely avoid it at rush hours though! Otherwise its about a 20-30 minute drive. If you are using that as a base for downtown, I would suggest finding something closer.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Do they have exceptionally good prices, foxyteacher, or is there some other reason to stay there? Although I'm not a "downtown" sort of person, I agree with Mtngrl that Troutdale is not the most convenient location to stay whilst visiting Portland.

However, I know there is a MAX train station not too far from the BW. It's been awhile since we've stayed in that area so can't remember where the stations are out there. That would be an alternative to driving! Commute hours are pretty viscious in all directions in the Portland metro area anymore.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

The reason for our staying in Troutdale is because of a wedding at the Troutdale House. I DO NOT want to be at a reception all day & then have to drive back into Portland to our hotel. We will be there from the 28th of July to the 2nd of August: McMeminins, the gorge and falls look like fun, as does the Pearl District. Any other suggestions?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Hi Foxyteacher,

We stayed at this hotel this past August and were quite pleased. There were no balconies, but we had the suite and had plenty of room. There were only 3 of us, so we didn't need the sofabed, which was a good thing, as it sagged badly. I have a review on this site if you'd like to read it. Just click on my ID to see it.

They have a nice continental breakfast, and the beds were pretty comfortable. I would stay here again.

As for the location, we didn't mind being outside Portland at all. The hotel is right off I84. There is traffic getting into town, but it sounds like you will be doing other things as well, and as long as you try to avoid peak rush hour as Mtngrl said, you will be fine. Of course, Portland traffic is nothing compared to northeast traffic! BW is very close to the gorge and Mt. Hood, and we did an easy day trip to Mt St. Helens from here. On a clear day, I'd highly recommend seeing Mt. St. Helens. The visitor's centers are so well done, and there's amazing beauty here. The story behind the eruption is just fascinating.

As far as downtown Portland, we saw the Oregon Zoo, Rose & Japanese Gardens, Pittock Mansion & OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry). They were all great, and they were reachable in about 20-30 mins as Mtngrl said.

You might be even be able to squeeze in a daytrip to the coast from here. Cannon Beach is lovely, with Haystack Rock & Ecola State Park.

I'm sorry---you may have said when you will be here, but I missed it. If you said, I apologize for missing it.

Have a great trip and wedding!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Ah, I see, that makes sense then ;-)

Will second OMSI and Mt St Helens.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Thank you one and all, wonderful suggestions that I shall take to heart. I was really interested in the fact that there is a train to take in lieu of driving to Portland.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

While in Troutdale, if you are looking for a place to eat, check out Ristorante di Pompello. They are on the main street (Columbia River Hwy) in the "downtown" Troutdale area. Italian Fare prepared by Saul Pompello.