We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rehearsal dinner restaurant

yelm,wa
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
rehearsal dinner restaurant

My son is getting married at Edgefield the end of August. We would like to find a place for the rehearsal dinner. What we like is character and a place where our group can be somewhat separate. Since we will be at Edgefield for everything else we wanted to go to a different location in Troutdale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peg

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

I don't know how big your group might be, but Tad's Chicken and Dumplin's is right on the Sandy River, and it is cool and wonderful in the summer and has some history and character. There's also something called Riverview that is on the Sandy that opened a year or two ago. It's supposed to be rather fancy but I just don't know if the food is good. I'd better go try one of these days. Both of these are just outside Troutdale on the river.

If you want to go uber fancy and expensive, you could go east to Corbett to the ViewPoint Inn, which also just re-opened a year or so ago. High prices, but great view of the Columbia.

I went to a wedding not long ago at Edgefield that was in a beautiful outdoor setting, followed by a reception inside. Two nights earlier we went to the rehearsal dinner, also at Edgefield, but a completely different setting in a sort of loft above one of the pubs, catered by a different outside caterer. So if you end up in that situation, I think you could do that if you wanted to without it being too much of the same thing for your guests.

yelm,wa
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

thanks for the info-I wasn't that impressed with the food at the dumpling place but if we could reserve that lower space it might be worth it. Fancy isn't our thing so not sure about the other two places. Do you know the name of the room at Edgefield you were at for the dinner. I didn't know Edgefield would let you use outside caterers.

Thanks again

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

Tad's has not been anything special for a long time...the other place, I can't recall the exact name either is a place I would avoid.

The Viewpoint would be great, if you want to splurge...I've heard great things about the new menu and the location is fab. The drive would also be very pretty...you can take the scenic highway....or for those who like to move fast, I-84 will get you there as well.

Troutdale is not a hotbed of eating. LOL! If you want to venture in to Gresham...about 15 mins from Edgefield, you could check out Boccelli's, on Main, for Italian...or Bryant Station for a bit higher end food.

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

Sorry, I don't remember the name. If you do end up on Main in Gresham you could also check out a place called Sympatico, which recently expanded and opened for dinner. I haven't been for dinner, but the lunches I've had there have been divine - delicious, high quality, well-priced food.

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

PDX, why are you avoiding Riverview? Bad experience?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

No, let's just say that the owner has angered a lot of people.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

cattrav, Great to hear something about Sympatico. I pass it often while visiting accounts in Gresham, but I have never been in. There is another new restaurant open in the same area, Case del Pollo. It is supposed to be really good....Costa Rican. I have no clue how large it is, but I have heard good things about their food.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

Oops, make that Casa del Pollo, not Case! LOL!

yelm,wa
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

thanks for all the input-we had hoped to stay close to Edgefield so were looking in Troutdale. I guess the answer is we need to take a trip and check out the places.

Anyone coming up with new ideas let me know. We like somewhat funky or character over fancy.

Thanks again,

Peg

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rehearsal dinner restaurant

I wonder if the Troutdale General Store could have kind of small rehearsal dinner in their upstairs mezzanine? I doubt they would cook it, but maybe it could be catered. It's on the main drag in Troutdale, along the historic highway, and the interior of the store is kind of like an old fashioned saloon/candy store (I know - not exactly a combination found in nature)

What about the lodge at Multnomah Falls? again, a bit of a drive from Troutdale, but wouldn't that be beautiful. I have no idea about prices there.