We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rude Staff

Hawaii
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rude Staff

This old WPA structure is quite amazing in terms of its craftsmanship and design, but as a place to stay and sleep it is a nightmare. I visited for three days from July 1-3, 2009. The main problem is the young, college-age Staff. The waitresses in the Cascade dining room for the dinner sitting were great, but most of the rest of the (male) staff is downright unfreindly, unproffesional and in some cases hostile. I seriously wondered if they got their male staff from some prison work-release program (no joke.) They were as approachable as a gang of skateboard-punks; and the vibe was one of ridicule and mocking instead of freindly and open. Also, it is hard to get a good night sleep as they run the snowcats (grooming machines) literally all night long. These huge machines make alot of noise and they have a saftey beeper that beeps constantly. When I called the front desk to complain, the young man told me sarcastically, "I will get right on it" then he hung up on me. Nothing was done about the noise. When we got up at 4:30 am and wandered out to the front entrance area to view the sunrise we were subjected to rude comments from a group of young staffers having a smoke on the front steps. Apperently the were upset that they could not enjoy the sunrise alone. Then one of them addressed us directly in a mocking tone: "its 4:am there are no activities scheduled right now" Do yourself a favor, visit the hotel for a day and have dinner in the wonderful cascade dining room, but avoid any overnight stay and any extended contact with the staff outside the dining room.

Baker City
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rude Staff

Your experience with the rude staff was unfortunate, but did you really think they would stop grooming the slopes because you called and complained about the noise?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rude Staff

Hmmm... interesting. I know many people who have stayed there and had great experiences. Yes, this is an all round ski resort. They MUST groom at night. Would you stay at a Disney Hotel and call the staff to ask them to shut down the rides because they were keeping you awake?

I noticed your only other post was a fairly nasty one regarding a hotel in Hawaii. Could be your atittude that brings it on? Just a thought...

naples, fl
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rude Staff

We stayed at Timberline in early June and had a very positive experience. All of the staff were very responsive to our requests. I cannot imagine that we stayed at the same lodge.

4. Re: Rude Staff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 17, 2010