We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln city to till amok in RV

sonoma county
Level Contributor
149 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Our rv atlas shows that the hwy directly from Lincoln city to till amok, 101, is not recommended for rvs. Do we really have to go inland to Newburgh and around in our 30 foot motorhome with a tow?

Edited: 2:52 pm, September 10, 2013
1. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, September 10, 2013
Edited: 3:05 pm, September 10, 2013
2. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, September 10, 2013
Edited: 3:05 pm, September 10, 2013
sonoma county
Level Contributor
149 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Tillamook i mean

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

101 is the major and,, for the most part, only north/south highway along the coast and can handle all RVs (I know because I've spent lots of time stuck behind them).

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Absolutely NOT!!! With the exception of about 12 miles between the south end of Pacific City to just north of Sand Lake Road, Hwy 101 is exceptional between these two towns.

The short section mentioned above is not really bad either, it's just a bit narrower and windier than the rest, but recent upgrades include slow moving vehicle turnouts. Literally hundreds of trucks travel this route daily with few, if any problems, so you have no need to worry!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,956 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Hi rottenreba - the road is perfectly *fine* for all sizes of RVs!

There are 45 foot coach tour buses as well as full sized truck/trailer combinations on all of Hwy 101. They even run sets of doubles (trucks).

We've been RVing for many years and currently have a Freightliner with a 30' 5th wheel (55' overall) and have driven up and down the Oregon coast countless times. There are a couple of sections here and there that are slower, but the road is fine.

Along that particular section between Lincoln City and Tillamook, near Beaver, there *used* to be a very narrow bridge. I mean really narrow - the lanes were less wide than the old 10' lanes. But they replaced that at least 10+ years ago (thank you ODOT) and you won't have any problem anywhere along Hwy 101.

I'm curious which RV atlas you're using?

It sounds as if it may be terribly out of date or just plain wrong!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Just drove that stretch today. It's a piece of cake for all vehicles.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Think I would dump that RV atlas. Probably other wrong or out of date stuff in it. Our big RV was 26' Motor home. which we had for close to 10 years 25 years ago, even then that section was ok, maybe the bridge halfbrit mentions was the problem.

sonoma county
Level Contributor
149 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

Thanks everybody. We drove it yesterday and it was wonderful. Better than many. We just purchased this Good Sam rv road atlas by rand McNally, 2013. Guess I should write to the editors!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,956 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lincoln city to till amok in RV

I agree - that's a major error on their part!

Hope you're enjoying your journey :-)