We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to fish?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
369 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Where to fish?

Hi. We are going to the Dalles to visit in 2 weeks. (my grandma) My son would like to fish. Any tips on how we can make that happen? Like where? Tackel shop etc... THANK YOU!!! He does know how to fish if that matters...(he's 18)

4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to fish?

obvious choices to fish are the Columbia- probably too early for salmon season. There is a nice park at the mouth of the Deschutes east of The Dalles along 84-hwy 206. Not sure about local tackle/fishing shops but probably could google it.. .they would have the best info...

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to fish?

Hi Martini Mom

If you go to www.dfw.state.or.columiba you will find a wealth of information. Sounds like good fishing to me. I hope you have better luck than me, as it refers me to a local telephone source that you have to look through for fishing. It shouldn't' affect you as it is for local subscribers to ...grrrr... internet carrier.

Best for a good catch

MrsO

Edited: 12:21 pm, September 06, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,126 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to fish?

That link doesn't seem to work for me, MrsO. This one should give Martinimom some information:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to fish?

Thanks Half Brit, it came from the same page you got but my internet provider is intercepting it and changing it. I hate that they do that. Frontier has no right to do that. When I clicked on it where they gave it to me, it gave all fishing information. I just Googled Columbia River Fishing or Fall fishing in the Columbia River Gorge to find it in the first place..

m

Reply to: Where to fish?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about The Dalles
More The Dalles Topics