We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free family float down the McKenzie

Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
free family float down the McKenzie

We woull like to float down the McKenzie River. WE are beginners with kids. Where can we enjoy a fun, easy float for 3-6 hours? I need start drop off locations & end location. I've heard of Hayden Bridge start off but not sure of the end location address. I'm dying to experience the McKenzie River. Thank you for anyone's specific location advice.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free family float down the McKenzie

McKenzie River floats not for beginners with kids! You should definitely go with someone with experience the first few times, have all recommended flotation gear and test your body's reaction to the very cold water. The shock of entering the water can kill (as it did last year with a very strong UofO football player who jumped off the Hayden Bridge). Also, the river has lots of debris underwater that can snare and trap you and pull you under. Go with people who know what they're doing. Don't do this on your own on a lark! I understand that you are "dying to experience the McKenzie," but I would not want you to be among the floaters who do drown each year. They died for the experience also.

2. Re: free family float down the McKenzie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Springfield