We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romance in seaside

salem, oregon
1 post
Save Topic
romance in seaside

please can anyone tell me what there is to do in seaside on our honey moon besides the museums

Level Contributor
35,452 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romance in seaside

The majority of museums are in Astoria. (Heritage House, Flavel House, Maritime) When will you be in Seaside and is this your first visit? :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: romance in seaside

Gotta say that I think Seaside and romance don't belong in the same sentence. If you're not up for museums, I head south. To Cannon Beach. And Ecola State Park.

Congrats on the wedding.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romance in seaside

Hmmm....

There's the nice boardwalk along the beach, an arcade, bumper boats, an ice cream shop, and a few shops - that's about it. You can go do outdoors things like clamming, oystering, kite flying, fishing, etc. around the area, but I think if I was on my honeymoon in Seaside, I'd just stay in!

4. Re: romance in seaside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:44 am, January 27, 2006
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,963 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romance in seaside

LOL, bumper cars on the honeymoon. It could have possibilities!

I would think that any romantic nice hotel with room service would be good for a honeymoon.

I like Cannon Beach and can picture being on a honeymoon there, very atmospheric and some good restaurants.

Level Contributor
35,452 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romance in seaside

shkenna2000, I think just being by the ocean is VERY romantic. There isn't really a boardwalk in Seaside, it's actually a promenade. It's very romantic to walk hand-in-hand, especially at sunset. Our favorite spot to sit on the beach and enjoy each other's company is down by Avenue U. It's a very scenic part of the beach there with gorgeous views of Tillamook Head.

I also think the Necanicum River is a very romantic place and beautiful. There are no bumper boats, as previously mentioned, but you can rent paddle boats here that is fun and entertaining.

The Wine Haus in the outlet malls is an excellent place to pick up your favorite wine to take back to your room. Where are you staying?

For a romantic dinner, check out the Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach, about ten minutes away, or go to Gearhart to the Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe, just a short drive from Seaside for your romantic meal. Make sure you get a reservation here, even during the week it is hard to get a table without one.

Another romantic idea is to go to the Shilo Inn and watch the sun set from the oceanview dining room there. We like to have the steamer clams with a glass of local Pinot Gris, very romantic.

There is also a movie complex there if you're in the mood for a romantic film or check out the Columbia River Day Spa in Astoria, about twenty minutes away and do a couples massage there. The entire Oregon Coast is a very romantic place to be. Congrats on the wedding! :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,036 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romance in seaside

The words Seaside and Honeymoon definitely are NOT words that usually go together:) That said, head down to Cannon Beach. Much nicer environment and Ecola State Park, which Mistletoe alraedy mentioned, is a great place to spend a day. You live in Salem, so I assume you have some idea of what the various coastal towns have to offer.

brookings oregeon
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: romance in seaside

You sound like a recorded message for the Chamber of Commerce Srahgrl.There are so many wonderous places on our coast that it always suprises me when someone makes Seaside a destination

Level Contributor
35,452 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: romance in seaside

shkenna2000, you may want to check out beachconnectiondotnet where they have a feaure called "Romancing the Coast." Seaside and other Oregon Coast towns are featured for the upcoming Valentine's Day activites. Lots of cool info on romantic things to do in Seaside and surrounding areas. :)

I also just found out that the Surfrider Foundation listed Seaside as the 10th top Urban beach in the United States. This was in the year 2000, but still an interesting piece of information for the area. Please report back with us after your travels and have fun! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,963 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: romance in seaside

I think articles in magazines about any place that are 6 years old, might be a tad too out of date.

You know, like hotels burn down or even Forts!