We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Oceanfront Inn

Idaho
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seaside Oceanfront Inn

Has anyone out there ever stayed at Seaside Oceanfront Inn, Maggies on the Prom. The room I am looking at is the Northwest Timber Suite. Pictures look good on web site but sometimes it does not turn out that way. Anyway, It's for our 29th anniversary in June and I wanted a nice romantic place with a nice view.

Thanks for any info

Mentioned in this post
Seaside Oceanfront Inn
Seaside Oceanfront Inn
164 Reviews
Seaside, OR
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

Have you read the reviews of it here on TA? Chuck...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,697 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

Hmmm, I am not familiar with it, but did read the reviews.

Whilst I fully understand that everybody "must start somewhere" with reviews, there are a lot of what are called "one-offs" -- people who did that one review and have *never* contributed another thing to TripAdvisor.

I personally take those with a grain of salt . . .

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52061-d122290-…

Level Contributor
37,667 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

This property is very nice, located right on the prom and Maggie's is a great restaurant! We just had clam chowder there a couple of days ago while riding our bikes on the prom. The property has been under new ownership and the changes they have made to update the property are great. The views from this property are also gorgeous. www.seasideor.com is a nice website for the area. Happy Anniversary! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

It's not often that you read Seaside and "romantic" in the same sentence. But of all the places along Seaside's "Prom", Maggie's appears that it might best fit the bill. Not having ever stayed there, my knock on the place would be that it's sandwiched between the condos/hotels on either side, almost to the point where you could reach out and touch your neighbor. So, it's good that you're looking at an oceanfront suite.

Did you consider Inn of the Four Winds? It's located on the less busy end of the Prom, and is operated by the same company as the very nice Stephanie Inn and Surfsand Resort in Seaside. Plus, it has those nice outside decks. And as to the view, it's pretty much the same from most Seaside beachfront properties.

Edited: 12:04 pm, May 05, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

I need to edit more carefully. Stephanie Inn and Surfsand Resort are in Cannon Beach, and Maggie's is obviously the name of the restaurant at Oceanfront Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
Seaside Oceanfront Inn
Seaside Oceanfront Inn
164 Reviews
Seaside, OR
6. Re: Seaside Oceanfront Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, November 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Seaside