We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Level Contributor
402 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Well I am here at the Worldmark Seaside Resort which I rented from a local vacation company and paid a pretty penny to be here. I paid for an oceanfront room and yes I did get an oceanfront room which is located on a low floor right next to the turnaround! We look over all the people (tourists and some seedy looking) hanging around the turnaround and walking down the "boardwalk". Loud trucks and cars drive by with stereos blaring and I can actually hear the conversations of the people in the street. There is no TV in the 2nd bedroom and we brought my son's Wii so he can play it with his cousin who is also here in Seaside and he just used some of his birthday money to buy a new game to bring with him. I am sitting in this unit with all the blinds closed in order to have some privacy. This is going to be a nightmare of a week! The weather looks to be raining most of this week which means most of the time we will be in this closed up noisy unit. The front desk person told me to turn on the fans to drown out the noise. We are traveling with another couple or else I would go back home tomorrow. I might still cut it short as I can have a lot more fun back home doing all the touristy stuff with my son we locals never seem to do.

Mentioned in this post
WorldMark Seaside
WorldMark Seaside
246 Reviews
Seaside, OR
Lanai at the Cove
Lanai at the Cove
#2 of 27 hotels in Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
#5 of 27 hotels in Seaside
Inn at the Prom
Inn at the Prom
#7 of 27 hotels in Seaside
Level Contributor
37,754 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

bellabell, how is it going, what did you do in Seaside today? :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,372 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Hopefully she is having fun outdoors on her vacation and not posting on forums all day.

How is the weather... that might be a clue? Is it still stormy or is the sun back?

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Inland it is a bit stormy but breaks, nothing that is keeping us feeling bound in so far.

Level Contributor
402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Just doing the tourist things today. Walked around town came back to the condo and read some of my book. We are now heading out for Pizza at Fultano's. Not many people at the beach today due to the weather. There are construction crews out there preparing to set up tents for the big run from Mt. Hood this weekend. I guess there is a storm on the way. I love storms so I am hoping to see some big surf. Making lemonade from lemons :-)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Oh, you are living my dream summer! I hate the sun, hate the heat! Cloudy at the beach. Perfect!

Seriously, we are south of Seattle.....which means warmer. LOL! I envy you your winters....y'all get more snow that we could even fathom!

Get outside and enjoy, you northwesterner, you!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Raining alot here now, no wind really. How is the wind at the beach?

Level Contributor
37,754 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

Sounds fun bellabell! We love Fultano's, go across the street sometime and get some of those yummy elephant ears! We like the ones with the raspberry cream cheese, the Pronto Pups are also pretty great! I hope you have fun the rest of the week, take care! :)

18. Re: Resort at Seaside Nightmare!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 30, 2009