We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

los angeles
7 posts
Save Topic
is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

i have read some of the posting for seaside, is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach and santa monica, in california? would like to know more about the life in summer in seaside oregon boardwalk if possible.

i have been to venice beach and santa monica a few times in summer and never been to seaside oregon.

thanks.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

Golpher, thanks for the info. It's too bad. It would be such a great draw. The only restaurant with an ocean view is the Shilo. They DO make a killer Mai Tai, so one could drink it and pretend that the Pacific out the window is actually the Pacific in Hawaii. ;-)

Now, if they could make a Pisco Sour, I could pretend that I was in Vina del Mar, Chile. Ahhhh. LOL!

Portland
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

Seaside doesn't have the boardwalk vendors in open air stalls nor interesting buskers on skates on the boardwalk. Not to mention muscle Beach.

It does have bumper cars and is a favorite place for teens to rent rooms and party, so that might be like Venice.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

Less skin, less people. They do have swing sets on the beach, and volleyball nets sometimes.

What else do you want to know about summer in Seaside? I grew up there. I did notice your name and there is a new skatepark that opened at the swimming pool, E on Broadway from HWY 101.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

When I think humidity, I think the south. I spent a week in Georgia during the Olympics, which wasn't really that bad to me. I remember a freaking steambath in Maryland in the hot summer of 1993. To me, humidity only matters when it's hot, and Seaside, well, can be hot on a random Tuesday and that's it. It's usually temperate. When the breeze kicks in, I'm not thinking humidity. I've never noticed it there, and from the sound of things here, neither has anyone else.

BTW, I went to the Accuweather website. As of 3 pm on Tuesday, it's 68% at 57 degrees, mostly cloudy. July and August tend to warm up to 67-68 and cool down to 53. Seaside averages 0.03 inches of rain on an average summer day... not quite the wet time of year. I bet the average day in July and August is less humid than shown here.

los angeles
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

i stay most of my time in los angeles over 10 years, originally from asia. i am feeling and i am getting older and going through transition period now, and my body, and joints or bones and are more sensitive to weather change which i have not come to a conclusion. i am going to take a record on when my body start aching and then when do the humidity increase in los angeles to see if it is the humidity causing my problem.

i just go to yuma last winter, arizona for 6 months, start to enjoy the not too cold winter, only very cold at night or early in the morning, and the wind storm and a few days raining over the whole winter! other than that yuma is perfect for winter. i sell little scooter & skateboard & others work to pay my bills. i do ride my scooter every day in my rv park too. i enjoy riding them. i cannot ride my skateboard no more as my joint and pain are going to kill me.

i am looking for a place where i can enjoy staying in summer and i will plan to stay winter in yuma. i do wish to make a living where i stay in summer too. so i have to find a location where i can do a little to make a living.

16. Re: is seaside oregon very similar to venice beach santa monica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 30, 2009