We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Kennewick, WA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Me and them family ( 3yr old and Girlfriend ) are planning a trip to Seaside. I work with a mojor hotel chain so I am looking for something rustic and special. Oh yeah and CHEAP! We have one of our brands in Seaside but the last thing I want to do while away from work is be at work! Looking for something in the 50-70 range...

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Entering tourist season. I think Motel 6... Others will reply.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

MAYBE priceline. I got the Shilo Inn East there last august for $65.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Microtel and Best Western are usually pretty affordable. They have AAA discounts also. But are not rustic.

Rustic .. Yurts or Kampin Kabins at Ft.Stevens.

Unique would be a rental house etc, but would not be able to afford it for the 50-70.

If you go during the week in May before the summer season things are cheaper.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Ecola Creek Lodge would be good in Cannon Beach but is out of your price range unless you go off season.. then might barely work.

Have you considered renting an RV?

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Try the Tides by the Sea, it may be just a bit over your price range for those days. We had a great room upstairs with beautiful views of the ocean and Tillamook Head, there is also an outdoor swimming pool here that we loved. The Motel 6 and Microtel are in this area but they do not have oceanviews. There is a great restaurant in between the properties called Bigfoot Pub & Grub where we are regulars when we are in Seaside at our beach cottage in the summer.

You may also want to check out the Hillcrest, it is in a nice location also, just a short walk to the beach. Enjoy Seaside, if you would like dining recs, just let me know!

One more thought is the Lanai at the Cove, a small hotel with beautiful oceanviews over by the Seaside cove area. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Syrahgirl, what are the prices at the Tides? You may want to post that for TriCities. You say that they are a bit over his price....how much over?

Perhaps you could let him rent your Seaside Cottage? That is, if it isn't one of the cottages at the Tides.

I STILL do not understand why you claim to have a "cottage" in Seaside, yet stay in a rental instead of your own place???? Very confusing.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

TriCitiesTraveler, do you have an Entertainment Book? Or access to one? If so, you might be able to get a decent room in your price range.

Getting a room that is "rustic and special" at $50-70 will be tough. Of course, you probably know that already, since you work for a major chain. I'm thinking Best Western?

Your budget is going to make it tough.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,894 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

When are you going?

If it is before May 15, yes, Tides by the Sea does have some rooms that will fit into your budget. No, they are *not* the "beautiful corner room with full kitchen" that another poster goes on about, but I'm going to guess it may fit nicely into your rustic request, lol!

Here is the website:

http://www.thetidesbythesea.com/units.htm

Just for your info, syrahgirl, the Lanai at the Cove is closed for renovations until later this year. At which time it will be nowhere near $50-70 per night, me thinks! Surely you noticed that they were closed during your last visit to Seaside?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

In June, rooms at Tide by the Sea range from $129 to $159...I would say they are a Lot over the price range requested!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Lodging 5/30 6/2

Actually, Hillcrest is also too expensive and Lanai by the Cove is being renovated until sometime in Mid-2008.