We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcombing in Oregon

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Beachcombing in Oregon

What is the best best bear seaside, cannon beach to go beachcombing?

Also how long is the drive to the coast from Vancouver Washington? On a Sunday if that helps 😊

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

Not quite sure what the first question is, suspect auto correct mangled it

I can tell you that it takes us 2 hours to drive from Vancouver WA to Cannon Beach. We make that drive fairly often and can pretty much count on it being 2 hours

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

Yes sorry stupid auto correct! I meant to say beachcombing

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

Ah, well both have long beaches, great for walking. I prefer Cannon Beach, but largely because my family has had a house there since long before I was born and most of my time on the beach in Seaside has been spent clamming :)

Cannon Beach has more rocks along the shore that I feel makes for more interesting walks and tide pools. What I really like about Cannon Beach is that there is both the beach right by town, lots of people, but walk a mile south of Haystack Rock and it a lot less people and much quieter, with right conditions (almost always in the summer) can walk south about 4 miles south town all the way to Hug Point and on low tide even around Hug Point

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

all along the beach is good. Even beaches in Washington.

are you looking for anything specific?

usually the glass floats are the prize if you can find them. But those usually are found during the winter time. However, you never know what will wash up.

Your best bet is to get there early before anyone is around, but things will wash up constantly.

if you find piles of driftwood the ocean has moved, you may find stuff amongst it.

good luck

Edited: 1:37 am, August 24, 2017
5. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 28, 2017
6. Re: Beachcombing in Oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 30, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Seaside