We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

california
Level Contributor
166 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

Is there good public transportation from Portland to Sisters? I have an appointment in Sisters and will be staying in Portland, so need to get back and forth the same day. Is that possible?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

There is no good public transportation between Portland and Sisters. Driving, it takes at least 4 1/2 hours one way.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

I also am not aware of any public transport that would get you from Portland to Sisters and back in the same day, but I don't share oregonpoppa's experience as to drive time. Taking I-5 south to Salem, then OR 22/20 over the Santiam Pass to Sisters shouldn't take any more than 2.5 - 3 hours.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

Just had another thought.... If you can get yourself from Redmond to Sisters and back, you can fly from PDX to Redmond and back in the same day.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

thrumylens is right. I was figuring via Springfield and 126. From Salem on the 20 is indeed faster.

Whichever way you ultimately get there, I think the best solution is to make the trip the evening before and allow yourself a leisurely breakfast before your meeting and return to Portland. Of course, this assumes you're doing this during the summer when daylight lasts well into the evening...and that you're driving.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,418 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

If you're thinking of flying, here is public transportation Redmond/Sisters:

http://www.cascadeseasttransit.com/

6. Re: Getting from Portland to Sisters (Near Redmond, OR)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 22, 2016