We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Vancouver
Level Contributor
45 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Group of 3 of us are coming in Saturday/Sunday/Monday (Aug 02-04) to check out a bunch of the bars and breweries. We need a place within walking distance so I was thinking somewhere near Bailey's taproom because it's between Cascade, Deschutes, Hair of the Dog, and Rogue.

My buddies originally wanted to spend $100-150/night, but I convinced them to raise that to $200-250/night, but I can't find anywhere with vacancies in that area and for that price. They prefer a hotel, but may consider a hostel if we get a 4 person room (northwest portland hostel also doesn't have vacancy though). It seems everything under $300 has no rooms. Are there any B&Bs or alternative lodging that may be an option? Perhaps if there are student dorms in the area?

If we stay out of the area, what may be a good recommendation that will be accessible by public transit? Keep in mind the areas we will be going and the fact we will be out til around 2 or 3am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Try airbnb.com.

Mexico
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Ace 503-228-2277 has availability sun -monday, but not sat. Its located on burnside which is pearl district/ downtown at less than $300.

Mexico
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Vintage Plaza, only 2 left, king, with sofa sleeper at $345 located on broadway downtown, near burnside and pearl. 503-228-1212. Available, sat, sun, mon. Good luck

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

The US Major League Soccer All-Star game is this weekend in Portland- your likely not to find much in town... airb&B might be your best bet. Max light rail only runs until about 12:30am... you'll probably need to hire a cab...note in Portland you can't flag them down, like in the movies- you have to call them so have a number handy...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

You may be able to find something near the airport or Janzen Beach in N Portland... the Max goes to the airport so that could be a transit option-and the cabs know how to get to the airport area :) Beaverton area could also be a nearby option.

Edited: 11:41 pm, August 01, 2014
Level Contributor
37,667 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

In Jantzen Beach check out the Red Lion there. :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,697 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

Jantzen Beach has several options - Red Lion, Oxford Suites, Holiday Inn Express. Also look at the Marriott properties and Best Western around Portland Meadows.

The airport has a lot of lodging. A taxi ride from downtown will be around $35 I believe. You could take MAX train one way into downtown.

8. Re: Trouble finding a hotel for tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 04, 2015