We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Question

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Question

I've been researching the hotels in Portland. I have narrowed it down to the Heathman, Modera or the new Marriott in the Pearl district.

Which would you suggest? We want a nice base hotel for day trips and also a good location for exploring the city.

I chose these according to ratings and recommendations from Trip Advisor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Question

The Heathman or Marriott are slightly more central but they are all in walkable distance to everything.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Question

I think that WindJammer meant that the Heathman and the **Modera** are more central. The Pearl Residence Inn (by Marriott -- ugh, the branding these days) is a couple of blocks north of the west end of the Broadway Bridge. The former two are in downtown proper, and will be closer to everything, including transit. That is not to say that the Residence Inn is way out of the way -- but it is in a former warehouse district, now the trendy "Pearl District", and it's a 3-5 block walk to most things in the center of the Pearl.

If the Modera and the Heathman are the same price, choose the Heathman. It's an older hotel with excellent service and very nice rooms. The Modera is well-regarded, but much newer, and much trendier. I prefer Nel Centro (the restaurant at the Modera) to the Heathman (which is also very good), but I've heard that the rooms at the Modera are on the small size.

Don't know anything about the Residence Inn, but based purely on location, I'd choose downtown.

Level Contributor
34,486 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Question

We enjoyed The Heathman very much, if you like Historic Hotels, you will really appreciate this hotel. Very good restaurant there also and professional service. :).

4. Re: Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 16, 2015