We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver, BC Canada to Oregon (Portland area)

vancouver, british...
1 post
Save Topic
Vancouver, BC Canada to Oregon (Portland area)

I am planning a trip to Oregon for myself and 2 other people by car for 7 days. We will likely drive down in one day with the odd restroom/lunch stop but wanted to know if anyone has any inside tips of cheapish places to visit, eat and stay while in the Portland area or even driving routes from Vancouver to Oregon? I am not too fussy on shopping or outlets while on holidays.

I am not sure if it will help at all but I like:

* scenic drives

* lakes

* guided city walks

* food (BIG FOODIE)

* secret city hot spots

Thank you in advance for any tips people can give me.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver, BC Canada to Oregon (Portland area)

From I 5 go west on SR 20 to Deception Pass and on to Whidbey Island for a very scenic route southbound, return to the mainland via the short ride Mukitleo Ferry. See this on Google Maps.

At (hardly) worst, you'd add an overnight to the southbound trip, but it's a delightful excursion. I'd plan on spending at least four hours visiting the island's key sights.

Whidbey Island is a lovely, interesting, day or more getaway with many features of the Pacific NW; this TA article includes key websites, tours, maps. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58824-s2/Whidbey-Isl…

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,073 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver, BC Canada to Oregon (Portland area)

MSU bulldog has great info on the city tours as he has led them.

MrsO

3. Re: Vancouver, BC Canada to Oregon (Portland area)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 04, 2014