We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

We are flying into Sat nite and planned on wandering around and visiting the breweries and some bars for beer tasting and just realized it would be Sunday. Will these businesses be open? Will the food trucks be open also? Thanks Karen

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

There re no laws that won't allow bars/cocktail lounges/breweries/food trucks to be open on Sunday.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

Ha ha! I remember moving to PA for a few years and learning about the "blue laws." I was shocked that you could not purchase alcohol on Sunday!

You may wan to check out the Captured By Porches beer bus on Lombard in St Johns. Beer is served from taps on the bus into canning jars. There is a great taco cart in the same lot so you can hit a beer bus and a food cart at the same time. There is also a farmers market attached! This is my favorite parking lot in Portland! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

PDXWJ, unfortunately the Captured by Porches beer bus has closed shop I think there was some issue with permitting. There are some other food carts in the same parking lot and the taco truck is still there. Karen, most liquor stores are closed on Sunday but most bars are open and ready for business.

Scott

www.portlandtraveltips.com

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

You can always cross over to Vancouver and go into any grocery store, Walgreens, Walmart etc,and find a good selection of spirits any day of the week.

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

We are in Portland for the brew experience. Food carts and outside patios with beer sampling sounds good to me. Ha

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

Karen, you are aware of which Vancouver I'm posting about, yes?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

Karen:

Does your son have a list of breweries he wants to visit? Or do you just plan to 'wing it' when you get to the city? A list would help, because then we can help guide you toward specific areas - since brewpubs are scattered across the city (however the greatest concentrations are in neighborhoods on the east side (this may help: beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php… )

Chuck: it seems the OP has clearly said they just want to experience brewpubs, food carts and sit outdoors. It doesn't appear they want 'liquor store' shopping, whether in Portland or Vancouver, WA.

Cheers,

Brian

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

Bulldog: You are absolutely correct. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention in such a kind way. However, I was responding to post #3.

Edited: 6:15 pm, April 08, 2013
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

Scott, you are misinformed. Captured By Porches on Lombard is open for business!! You scared me!

Karen, I highly recommend it for a really cool Portland experience.

Edited: 7:54 pm, April 15, 2013
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
355 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liquor Laws on Sundays in Portland

I lived in PA. many years ago and so do remember the "blue laws".

Nope--we can drink any day and have wonderful breweries so that when it rains:) we have places to eat and drink!

Do check YELP Portland, OR for brew pubs and whatever you want. Have great time here!