We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Micro Brew on a Tuesday Night in Portland

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a Micro Brew on a Tuesday Night in Portland

The morning of Tuesday, April 16th, My hubby and I, along with our 26 year old son (who lives in Seattle) will be driving from Seattle to Portland and spending the night in the Hospitality Inn at 10155 SW Capitol Hwy in Portland.

We're staying in Portland so we will have more time that day to take in the beauty of the mountains and not have to drive home the same day. We're taking a coastal route for our return to Seattle the next day.

Basically, we just needed a place for the night in Portland and would love some suggestions for a Micro Brew place near the Hospitality Inn.

We'll have a car obviously, but we don't mind walking to get a good beer and food after our long day of taking in the beauty of nature along our drive.

Thanks everyone!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for a Micro Brew on a Tuesday Night in Portland

I love good beer and you are lucky to be staying close to perhaps the best brewery in Oregon and perhaps all the West Coast: Hair of the Dog (61 Southeast Water Avenue). By Mr GoogleMaps calculations its a 25 minute walk (not very scenic unfortunately) or a 25 min bus ride. Read about their beers because they're not standard fare but I think they're fantastic. The atmosphere is great but the food at the pub/brewery is just okay. Be aware that they're open from 11:30 till 8pm on Tuesdays so don't go late. A great source to discover the best beer and beer places in a city is beeradvocate.com. Here's a link to the page for Portland:

beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list…

Enjoy your trip!

12. Re: Looking for a Micro Brew on a Tuesday Night in Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2014