We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paley's Place or Castagna?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Paley's Place or Castagna?

Hey TripAdvisor,

I'm trying to decide between Paley's Place & Castagna for dinner. Both look really good but I love molecular gastronomy so I was hoping Castagna would be it, but I'm not sure how close it gets to molecular gastronomy. Advice?

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paley's Place or Castagna?

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendations. I wish my trip was longer so I could try everything!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paley's Place or Castagna?

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendations. I wish my trip was longer so I could try everything!

Ps. I don't think it tastes better than any other technique, but it is cool!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paley's Place or Castagna?

I don't know anything about molecular gastronomy, but i've been to both Castagna and Paley's Place several times. Both have great food, but I prefer Castagna. I had one of my best meals in Portland there- innovative without being over-the-top. Great flavors, and combinations of flavors. Several times during my meal I'd think "how'd they do that?!?".

This was about 2 years ago, I think they've changed chefs since.

14. Re: Paley's Place or Castagna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 01, 2014