We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nike or Columbia outlets

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
203 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Nike or Columbia outlets

Since Portland and Beaverton are the HQs for these companies are there any special outlets that I wouldn't find in my local outlet mall here? I see Columbia has it's flagship store downtown. Is there a flagship store for Nike?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Are you looking for flagship or outlet stores?

For outlets, Nike has a store down at Woodburn and Columbia has a store in Lake Oswego. Both are great places to shop, IMO.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
203 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Either is fine. My guess is prices are cheaper at the outlets than the flagships but selection is probably better at the flagships.

Our outlet malls here have both stores so I wondered if I find something "extra" while in the Portland area. Similar to going to the flagship REI in Seatlle, Whole Foods in Austin, etc.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

The downtown Nike store is at the corner of SW Morrison & 5th, across from Macy's/The Nines & Pioneer Place mall. It opened in Fall 2011 and is a cool place to visit, even if you don't find any discounts. oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2…

If you want a local Nike Factory Outlet, go the corner of NE MLK/Knott (I shop there about once a year for nicely discounted clothes & shoes) www.yelp.com/biz/nike-factory-outlet-portland

Columbia has a terrific outlet store in the Sellwood neighborhood (SE Portland) columbia.com/Historic-Old-Sellwood/…pg.html Sellwood is also a cool, historic neighborhood for other shopping/dining/strolling.

No need to go all the way to Woodburn (30 minutes south of Portland) for the outlet stores.

Edited: 12:25 pm, January 18, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

The stores in Woodburn aren't necessarily outlets... they are "Company Stores". While there are deals to be found, I rarely shop or buy there since prices have mostly been higher than normal prices at retailers like REI, Macy's or Dick's Sporting Goods.

The Nike store in downtown Portland recommended by msubulldog is good if you are a fan of the brand. If I remember it's part retail, part museum. Interesting combination. Again, I think everything is "sticker price" (no discounts) but still fun to look. I've never been to the outlet on MLK. If you know anyone at Nike, see if they can get you into the employee store.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

If you can somehow find a connection to get into them, their employee stores are where you'll find the really good deals.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
203 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone at either Columbia or Nike to get me the employee discount or into the employee stores. Being from Michigan, I can only get discounts on cars!

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Ahhh, but the cars!

MrsO

Salem, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Woodburn Outlets as both Columbia and Nike, you can find some good deals there.

Portland has pretty big Columbia and Nike Stores.

Addresses:

Columbia Sportswear Company Downtown Portland, 911 Southwest Broadway, Portland, OR 97205

Nike Portland, 638 Southwest 5th Avenue

All said like above If you could find a person to give you a employee store pass you can find GREAT deals. I have done it and its amazing :]

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

We go to the Nike Outlet at NE MLK/Knott 2 or three times a year. We can usually find some good deals there. It's fairly close to the Lloyd Center and an easy drive from downtown.

Besides the Columbia Sportswear Outlet in Sellwood, which really isn't very large, they also have one in Lake Oswego. My daughter used to live in SW Portland and she would often shop at the Lake Oswego store.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
203 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nike or Columbia outlets

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

We just returned from our 4 day visit and shopped at the Columbia flagship store, Columbia Sellwood and Nike MLK/Knott outlets. I brought home a new pair of Nike training shoes and a new pair of Columbia snow boots.

Hate your parking but love your no sales tax!