We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any overnight parking options downtown?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
704 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any overnight parking options downtown?

I am staying at the marriot city centre i believe. Parking seems to be around $30 a night. Are they any other cheaper options in the area? I may skip the rental. I will be there 3 days mid January.

Thanks

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,459 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

Staying in town? Why rent car?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
704 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

True. I guess. I was thinking the outlet mall south of portland. And a few other places. The falls if the weather is okay. :)

Ill probably stick to the original plan. Walk around the city and transit if i get tired :)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

I have researched this for a couple different travelers in recent months. If you decide you need to rent and keep the car overnight, use either a Smart Park garage or Star Park for the cheaper rates. Smart Park charges $6 for 6pm - 5am parking then an hourly rate of $1.60 (same as street parking). Speaking of... if you can find a metered spot on the street and don't mind the 'risk' of leaving a rental on the street, meters are free from 7pm til 8am the next morning.

For Smart Park: portlandoregon.gov/transportation/…254736 (SW 10th/Yamhill is closest to your hotel)

For Star: http://www.star-park.com/parking.htm (615 SW Alder is closest)

The garages are public and minimally monitored, so you are always advised to take valuables with you...

Cheers,

Brian

Edited: 11:58 am, December 26, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
704 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

thank u, i will take this into consideration if and when I decide to rent a car or just walk/transit.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

I truly think the outlet malls are over rated. I'd skip the car and shop in the city for sales. Lots of good ones going on.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
704 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

I am leaning towards my original plan :) just hang out around the city. Just hope and praying it doesn't rain too hard. ;)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

Well, it may do that. Rain like crazy. I live here and strongly support the use of umbrellas!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
704 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

I am in vancouver so definitely not new to rain :-p

9. Re: Any overnight parking options downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 29, 2013