We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland for NYE

Gainesville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Portland for NYE

My wife and I are finishing up our upcoming honeymoon in Portland on NYE.

We'd love to get any suggestions and/or recommendations for where to go to celebrate that night. I don't think we're looking for something over the top ritzy. We're both recent college graduates (from the University of Florida) so we're ok with bars but something in between would probably be ideal.

We're staying at The Nines (525 Southwest Morrison Street), and this will be our first trip to Portland. Our last 2 nights will be in Portland after going to Whistler, Vancouver and Seattle.

Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland for NYE

a good paper with reviews for all the NYE events is willametteweek...

or pdxpipeline.com/monthly-event-list/…

it will probably depend on who is the entertainment for the night as to where to suggest.

Crystal Ballroom always a good venue

The Holocene might be good as well...

Doug Fir is always good, but on the eastside.

my thought would be to try Bossanova Ballroom- DJ Anjali and the Incredible Kid... if you are into that sort of thing-they are pretty fun... but its just over the river on the eastside...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland for NYE

Depends on what you are into. Pink Martini has a show that night which is probably worth checking out. They have a show at 7:00 PM and 10:30 PM. http://www.pcpa.com/events/pink-martini-15. Check you their youtube channel to get a flavor for their music. www.youtube.com/user/OfficialPinkMartini

Scott

www.portlandtraveltips.com

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland for NYE

You will love The Nines! Departure Lounge and Urban Farmer are two great places to eat there. Pink Martini would be lots of fun to see if you like their music. We saw them perform in Astoria @ The Liberty Theatre one year and really enjoyed their music. :).

4. Re: Portland for NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 22, 2013