We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roses still blooming?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Roses still blooming?

We will be in Portland this Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 11-14. I was interested in visiting the Rose Garden/Japanese Garden in Washington Park one day while my husband was attending his conference. Are roses still in bloom? If not, am I right that there is also a Japanese garden downtown? I assume I can get to Washington park via public transportation from the Doubletree/convention center area. Thanks!

Eureka, Missouri
Level Contributor
301 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Roses still blooming?

We visited the rose garden on Oct 2nd and were quite impressed with the number and variety of roses still in bloom and had a wonderful time wandering among the bushes. Now rain moved in Oct.12 so I don't know how that affected the blooms. As for Japanese verses chinese gardens, if you are in downtown Portland walk along the river walk over to the LuSan Chinese garden its worth the visit but if you are visiting the rose gardens drive up the road to the Japanese garden it is beautiful. It is possible to do both venues. The Chinese garden is much much smaller but just as lovely in its own way. The Japanese garden covers acres rather than blocks and offers a variety of "gardens" to enjoy.

12. Re: Roses still blooming?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 15, 2013