We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Portland Farmers Market

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
The Portland Farmers Market

The Portland Farmers Market is open and today is a beautiful sunny day, warm even!

So anyone coming into town or who plans to be here on a Saturday, go to the South Park Blocks and wander the stalls and booths, chat with the locals, meet the farmers and bakers who bring organic produce and foods and cheese to town.

You can eat there, picnic in the Park..it is a very charming aspect of Portland.

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

The website is portlandfarmersmarketdotorg for more info. Next weekend Greg Higgins of Higgins will be there. :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

Yes, syrahgirl, Greg Higgins is there often. So is Scott Dolich-owner/chef from Park Kitchen.

Thanks for googling the website for us :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

actually, Trip Advisor allows websites as long as we are not advertising for ourselves..

so it would be www.portlandfarmersmarket.org

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

It was a beautiful morning there, wasn't it Scarlett... Just a little chilly though. As early as it is in the season, I was surprised at all the fresh produce. Did you have pup along? If not, I think I saw his clone, lol.

Had coffee and a pastry at Pearl Bakery (not their booth in the market) afterwards. Our first time there; nice little spot. All in all, a nice morning in downtown Portland. Now I have to "pay" for it by spending the afternoon in the yard.

You planning to fly up next weekend to see Greg, syrahgirl?????

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

Mistletoe, we just got back from the Market, we were there at about noon..yes, Pup was with us..we had our breakfast from one of the vendors that we are unfamiliar with, so we forgot the name, but orange scones with currants were delicious..coffee from Starbucks :)

We just walked home from there- the streetcars are closed for the day and half of tomorrow while they do service and add 3 new cars to the line..yay!!

We saw a couple of chefs and chatted regarding fresh veggies lol..I managed not to talk to the vendor selling Buffalo meat ..

syrahgirl, yes, you definitely have to come back and visit, ( when California gets too hot this summer) , you should go to the market, if you are here over a weekend, they are only open on Saturdays.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

What a beautiful day for the market!!! I would have loved to have been there. Last year I bought the most amazing tomato plant there. It was HUGE and had so much fruit...I think it was on steroids, lol!

Syrahgirl--Have you ever been to the market here on your visits? If not, you should. It really is nice to wander through.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

Mtngrl, they had lilac trees and Japanese maples for sale, I was SO wanting a yard to plant them in, although I think they will manage on my terrace for a couple of years...both were amazingly well priced at under $80-

Back where we came from, a nice large flower would cost that LOL

Have fun at the Lumberjacks game tonight!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

Whew.... done with an afternoon of yard work. I love that instant gratification. But there's still work to be done. Scarlett, if you're missing puttering around in a yard, let me know, lol. I'll save some weeds for ya.

Here's hoping we end up with a relative of the tomato plant you bought last year, Mtngrl. We got a cherry tomato plant this morning for $1.50, which, if it produces any reasonable level of fruit, is a steal.

I'll put in a plug here for the Beaverton Farmer's Market, which opens in a couple weeks, I think. Would you google the site to confirm, syrahgirl? It dwarfs Portland, but still has a very nice community vibe about it.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

http://www.beavertonfarmersmarket.com/

Can locals include websites? :)

We have only been to Beaverton a couple of times, getting hopelessly lost each time. We manage to get there ok, going by Barnes Road, but the coming back to NW Portland is the difficult part.

If the weather is good, I think we will go next weekend! Thanks mistletoe.. :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Portland Farmers Market

mistletoe--That sounds like what we bought last year!

I like the Beaverton Farmer's Market also, but hate the traffic getting there. It is actually easing to get into downtown Portland, lol!