We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

New haven
Level Contributor
34 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

While we will be in Portland for several days, we are attending a family wedding, so will have little time on oour own. So what do we absolutely need to see? For Sunday night, we would like to try a truly great Portland restaurant. Any suggeestions? We will have a car. About sight seeing, my husband does have mobility issues -- so no hikes, lots of walking, etc.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,675 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

Thrumylens - you know I'm a far cry from a foodie, so I have to ask - what is the difference between a "Contemporary" and a "Cosmopolitan" foodie?

(And don't say one group reads the magazine, lol....!)

And whilst I'm thinking on it, what is an "Old Guard/Classical" one?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

Agree with all suggestions so far...Yelp is a great resource for foodies too.

Ringside is more "old school" and I prefer some of the more up and coming venues.

Try Pok Pok, fairly close in to town on Division for amazing asian food, fish and drinks. It is quintessential Portland. Arrive early...very hard to get a seat!

Also, for a super foodie/non vegetarian experience, Beast does community table fixed prix menus that will blow your mind. Their chef, Naomi, was a contestant who raised money for charity on Top Chef Masters and is a genius with preparing meat beautifully.

Enjoy your visit!

Kitty

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

Yes, Beast would be a great choice for "foodies" -- I believe they do a brunch on Sundays. Naomi Pomeroy is a true culinary master. We went to a winemaker's dinner earlier this year where she prepared several courses to pair with Brick House wines. Absolutely fabulous!

Edited: 3:13 pm, September 16, 2012
14. Re: One day to explore and eat at a great restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 18, 2013